Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Favorite image and why

The other day in a forum Christine Bentley of Christine Bentley Photography asked us to share a favorite image and why it was our favorite. I just thought I would share this with the people who read this as well. I like the story behind it as well as the image.

It simple is titled “Grandpa” this was a loving grandfather who was in his early 80’s when his first granddaughter got married. He was so incredibly proud of her and wanted to capture his own record of images of her wedding day. He is the kind of relative I adore they love photography as much as I do. I got to be very careful of my movements during a portrait session of the family because it seemed like he was always over my shoulder. The Bride even asked me to move him out of the way if I liked but he was no trouble this was back in 1993 and he was shooting a 110 film camera, I thought him sweet. I believe family had finally told him to back off because in the next location when I looked back to check for him he was now 10 feet behind me. I knew that with his camera it would never come out at that distance so I placed him closer and by doing so was able to create this image of him. It is one I cherish because of the memory reminder that it is. Hope you enjoy it.

No comments: